Three decades of practice and the dedication of project leaders has resulted in a solid foundation of professional expertise. The Civil Engineering Group is proud to be able to meet aggressive schedules and unique projects through the assembly of multidisciplinary project teams. The consulting and engineering services offered by the J Morales team include to following:
- Design or rehabilitation of streets & highways, grading of parking lots, traffic circulation design, design of sidewalks, curbs, and ramps that meet the standards of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). These designs include striping, signage, traffic control plans, utility considerations, environmental requirements, construction phasing, estimates, and permit coordination through multiple government agencies.
- Utility consideration and utility infrastructure research, relocation and design, utility improvement plans, as well as applications for necessary easements or encroachments.
- Storm mitigation services including urban watershed design and modeling, detention pond design, storm sewer design, open channel hydraulics, culvert modeling, and hydraulic calculations and designs that tie proposed solutions into existing collection facilities.
- Construction Management and inspection services include cost estimating, scheduling, value engineering of change orders, constructability reviews, utility permit coordination, verification and scheduling of necessary inspections as well as construction monitoring. Full services extend to advertising & evaluation of bids, review, and recommendations of the contractor, as well as attending and leading pre-bid, bid opening, pre-construction and construction meetings and completion of As-built drawings.
- Engineering, Construction, Surveying, and Platting for Master Planned Communities and subdivisions
- Development, reconstruction & rehabilitation of private, city & county roads
- Engineering Services for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones
- Engineering for Capital and Public Improvement Projects
- Detention ponds and water mitigation for Developments up to 700 acres
- Maintenance and planning of Sanitary Sewer system including collection and lift stations
- Maintenance and Planning of water distribution systems
- Full Site development for Municipal & Commercial projects
Our team has worked directly with owners/developers and provided structural engineering services for residential, light commercial and industrial construction. Our approach provides value to our clients by designing from a constructability perspective gained through years of on-site experience. Often, projects suffer from a disconnect between engineering and construction. Our staff strives to provide straightforward solutions to even the most complex projects saving our clients time and money. Whether as a standalone service or paired with our other services, J. Morales offers great value, quality and fast-paced solutions to our clients in need of structural designs.
J. Morales provides services for new construction, renovations, and analysis of existing structures and buildings. Structural design services and past projects include:
- Design and Renovation of Steel & Wood Frame Buildings for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Use
- Foundation investigation, design, and maintenance program
- Mat, Pile and Pier Foundations
- Slab on Grade foundations
- Individual and strip footings
- Tilt-up wall construction
- Retaining and Masonry Wall Systems
- Structural culverts, wingwalls & headwalls
- Trench design safety
- Pipe racks, skids, and structures for Oil and Gas Industry
- Structural Observation and Inspection
- Certified Windstorm Inspection
- Forensic Engineering