JMI is a full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, survey for project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
Performs land boundary surveys, topographic survey and route surveying. These surveys involve the analysis of record information and collected field data with the application of special knowledge of mathematics, mapping, abstracting and related elements of law.
- Provides project management for multiple large-scale projects and larger distribution programs without supervision.
- Has an advanced understanding the following disciplines: Design & Construction Surveying, Geodetic Surveying, Geomatics Technology, GIS, Route Surveying or Project Management.
- Has an advanced understanding of property rights, land rights acquisition and property transactions.
- Coordinates and communicates with survey team members to deliver and complete assigned work.
- Assigns and routes work for Company crews.
- Directs the field activities of a survey field party to ensure safe and satisfactory job completion.
- An active contributor to the development of field crew members and office staff.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to field crew members and office staff in the compliance and implementation of business and technical process.
- Responsible for managing the completion and delivery of concurrent work orders and deliverables.
- Interprets deeds, maps, field notes easement documents and provides guidance and direction on technically complex issues.
- Prepares, Certifies final maps, sketches, documents and field notes.
- Reviews and approves field and office work of junior staff as applicable.
- Reviews, approves, and certifies deliverables prepared by Survey Technicians, Associate Surveyors & Surveyors.
- Leads the preparation and presentation of technical and business documents.
- Consults and supports management on technical matters related to surveying & right-of-way.
- Leads initiatives and projects to improve Department business and technical processes.
- Assists in the performance evaluation for assigned staff.
- Assists in the preparation of project and operating budgets as applicable.
Must be a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) in the State of Texas.
- Requires minimum of three (1) years of experience in the Geomatics/Surveying with a minimum of one (3) year experience as a Professional Land Surveyor.
- Has an advanced knowledge of the following applications: ArcGIS, Civil3D and Trimble Business Center.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of field data collection equipment (GNSS, Total Stations, Level, Data Collectors, laser scanning, drones, etc.)
Full time 7:30am-4pm Monday-Friday
Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Compensation is commensurate with experience.